I love making my own cleaning and beauty products, but let’s be realistic – who has time to make this crap when you have children and a career and a life?
Until recently I discovered that some of the recipes I was using included unnecessary steps and increased the pile of washing to be done for no good reason.
EASIEST HOMEMADE LOTION
- 1/4 cup grated beeswax
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter
- 1 cup grapeseed oil (or your preferred oil, olive, coconut and almond oil all work)
- 10-20 drops of essential oils or natural extracts of your choice (optional, I usually just add a little vanilla or almond extract)
1. Put the beeswax, cocoa butter and oil into a 500ml wide canning jar.
2. Microwave on high, stirring every 30 seconds until all of the ingredients are melted.
3. Place in the freezer until your mixture is solid. I just find something to do for 20-ish minutes.
4. Scoop it out into your mixer, add your essential oils or extracts, and whip on high until smooth and fluffy.
5. Put into a pretty jar or container.
6. Get silky smooth.
Check out our Printables!