In Calgary, placenta encapsulation cost ranges from $100-400. If you have been phoning around looking for some one to prepare the perfect postpartum recovery supplement for you, you may be feeling slightly confused. Why is there such a variance in pricing? What’s the difference between a $100 placenta encapsulation service and a $400 placenta encapsulation service.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A LOW COST PLACENTA SERVICE AND A HIGHER PRICED SERVICE IS PROFESSIONALISM.
So what does professionalism really mean when it comes to placenta encapsulation?
What many people do not know is that placenta encapsulation is an unregulated service in Alberta. At this time there are no government regulations dictating suitable training organizations, no specified certifying body and no health and safety standards the service providers must adhere to. When seeking placenta encapsulation, you’re on your own.
So how do you know which Calgary placenta encapsulation professional is actually a reliable professional, and how do you know the capsules you receive will be safe?
We have two detailed articles that can help you choose the right provider for you.
Questions to Ask Your Placenta Professional – Our first post on what you need to know when choosing some one to encapsulate your one and only placenta.
More Questions to Ask Your Placenta Professional – We quickly realized there were a few points left out of our first post. We want to make the process of hiring a Postpartum Placenta Specialist as simple as possible.
Key points to consider are:
- Is the placenta encapsulation professional certified? By what organization?
- Does the placenta encapsulation professional carry liability insurance?
- Does the placenta encapsulation professional adhere to food safety standards, have blood borne pathogens certification and follow WHO guidelines?
- What is the placenta encapsulation professionals procedure for sanitizing their equipment?
- What happens if your placenta professional is unavailable when you deliver your baby?
- Will the placenta encapsulation professional encapsulate in your home so that you can be certain the placenta is processed in a space you are comfortable having your food prepared, is in fact your placenta and is not contaminated?
- Is the placenta encapsulation specialist qualified to provide additional postpartum support, breastfeeding support, etc?
Further, you can ask for references, or reviews from past clients. Requesting a copy of the service providers background check including Vulnerable Sector Check can offer you added peace of mind.
When choosing a placenta encapsulation service in Calgary, there are many things to consider in addition to price. Choosing a placenta encapsulation service provider who lacks professionalism, could cost you more than you ever expected.
If you’d like more information about why Chinook City Doulas is the safest, most reliable placenta encapsulation service in the Calgary area (and for our current fee list), contact us today.